Thursday 10 March 2011

Question 7; Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?



During the preliminary task I focused mainly on match on action. We did not show clearly, any use of match on action in our first task unfortunately, but this gave us more room to write about the improvements we made.


The improvements we made are that we have, now, been able to understand the concept of match on action and show it clearly, an example of this is the screen grab below, this shows the scene of our more recent project, and it is the scene in which the door bell is rung, then the shot changes to me reacting and turning to the noise and leaving down the stairs, to me opening the door in a point of view shot from the character at the door. 



I feel that I have expanded my knowledge on editing and film genres. I am now able to use this knowledge to enhance my work and make it of a better standard. Also, I am now able to communicate better with a group and take in every members opinions, which is crucial when creating a piece that you want your whole group to be proud of. Being able to understand more about the editing progress made the experience and task more enjoyable and as i enjoyed I felt comfortable experimenting with things such as precision editor and many different colour changing effects, just to add different atmospheres to certain scenes. To conclude I believe that I am more able to adjust the effects, used to provoke a certain emotion in the audience be it, making our own group feel proud of what we have done, or making the audience empathise with a member of a much stereotyped gang of people, usually murderers, thieves and con men. 



No comments:

Post a Comment